Snow is never fun


Last week, I ventured south to explore Connecticut and enjoy the mildest winter of all time. Everyone said this winter of 2017 is the record breaking mildest winter ever, in New England area where there was almost no snow seen throughout winter. I checked weather reports of bright sunny days ahead, and planned a week in advance accordingly. It is going to be awesome out there next 3 days - and I KNEW IT!




Day 1: A majestic sunrise over camping area welcomes me as I begin my week of fun vacation in Connecticut area. Winds are calm, temperatures are approaching 60 degrees. Slightly overcast, but all in all, it looks to be a beautiful day... at least that what it said.

Forecast for tomorrow: Similarly mild, slight chance of rain. This is going to be a great week - I'm so glad I did not pack my winter jacket and shoes and instead got shorts and flip flops based on the forecast of unseasonably warm temperatures. I am so happy 😇

_____________________________________________________________________________

Day 2: WTF ?!?!  ðŸ˜± I awoke to this nightmare while temperatures back home in Boston were approaching record highs. 

Someone come scrape this 10 inches of "mild with a chance of rain" off my damn windshield. You can't see my car and I am not sure which one of these two is mine, buried in snow plow residue. "Don't like the weather? Well there is no escape" 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Day 3: RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! 
OK, I exaggerate, but only slightly. It wasn't exactly Sharknado but Day 3 brought more of Day 2's absurdity - another 6 inches or so of the heavy wet stuff, slick, icy roads, and unplowed driveways. 😳

Well I am not sure if this was a good idea, but I don't trust weather reports anymore. And for whatever reason, Snow is never fun!

Comments

Popular Posts