Ohhh My Dear Friend

Gone are the days when “I love you” from my friend "Mitesh" would provoke an similar echo from his wife. I say echo because she would add “too" ..meaning “I love you too". That would make my friends day (I would assume that).

Now, that he has been married for 4 months, things are changing. “I love you” no longer gets him similar sounding words in return.. not even closer..
I wouldn’t have put it up for the World to see, if it would have not happened today morning. He was leaving for office at 7, and as he has learnt from the Indian movies, it is alright to kiss your wife when leaving for office. He held her close and gave a goodbye kiss. Before he parted, he softly whispered into her ears: “I love you”. The response came with loud voice, “You will be dropping the Hutch check today evening ”

For a moment, he thought maybe she hadn’t heard him say “I love you”. But so nice of him that he took the blame by thinking that maybe it was his mistake and he hadn’t said it loudly enough. He whispered again: “I love you”. The response came back with more loud noise, “I know, but you have to drop the Hutch check today evening.”

There was initial time when his "I love you" would get him really positive response. Sometimes so positive that he would be forced to call up his boss and say "I would be coming in late. Got some important work to do". Over the last 4 months, the quality of responses has been changing drastically. Here is a list of responses that he got. (The conversation is given date, that explains how marriage thing actually works for everybody)

Important: They married on 12 Dec 2009.

December 14, 2009:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: I love you sweety!

December 30, 2009:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: I love your smile.

January 15, 2010:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: I love your voice over the phone.

February 12, 2010:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: When will you call my parents? You haven’t spoken to them in the last 2 months.

April 12, 2010:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: When Will you call my parents? You haven’t spoken to them in the last 4 months.

April 27, 2010:
Mitesh: I love you
Apeksha: You will be dropping the Hutch check today evening. If you don’t pay, I won’t be able to call in evening to tell what is the uncle's work that you have to do.

Thank God I am not married yet.

Comments

Unknown said…
Mitya ne padha nahi kya ye ab tak:):)
Harshal said…
pata nahi abhi tak gali nahi aya matlab nahi padha ;-)
Rach said…
Informed Mitya...dekhte hai kab padta hai....uska comment aa jaye ispe o maza aa jaaye
Harshal said…
bhabi padh le to .. mitya ka khana band ho jayega :P

Popular Posts